Creating a logo for a blog most times seems to be unneeded and at the same time could be a necessity.
And talking about visuals here, you got to have at least a logo and a favicon. You may be wondering if you really need to have a logo.
Ok, Let’s see it this way.
When you see any of this logos below, what comes to your mind about what they represent?
How about this set of logos?
Without writing, the name of the logo, you can tell to a large extent of what these set of logos is all about.
That’s because you have gotten familiar with it so much that the visual image of the brand speaks for the brand.
However, the first set of logos represents Apple, Samsung and Windows respectively
and the second set of logos represents Facebook, CNN and Volkswagen
This is because this brands provides services that you use both directly or indirectly. Let check out this instance.
You don’t have money to purchase a car, even if you don’t have money for a car for, you make use of public transport for movement. this public transport uses one of the brands responsible for manufacturing cars. So indirectly you enjoy these services.
— IS MY BLOG A BRAND AND DOES IT NEED A LOGO—
Oh yes, you blog is a brand and needs logo. And that is because you render services to your audience which they enjoy. And since you render service to them, you need to familiarize them with your brand which signifies what you offer out there.
— ADVANTAGES OF LOGO REPRESENTING A BRAND NAME —
- If your target audience forget your name, they sure must remember your brand logo
- Your logo, shows how unique you are from others offering similar services like you
- Helps to reduce the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
- It creates trust and familiarity
- Creates and improves blog or website recognition
— OK I GET IT. I NEED A LOGO. HOW DO I START?—
Very simple. There are several ways you can get a logo design done
Designing a logo depends on what you want, you can do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you
- You can hire a professional, to do it for you by freelancing, if you don’t want to stress yourself for as cheap as 20 dollars there about
- If you want to choose from several professional putting in their best In designing your logo, you can go to 48hourslogo and pay 29 dollars and it would be done, you get to choose the best out of numerous designs done for you
- Fiverr is another place to get such work done for you
- You can do it yourself by using software app like adobe illustrator, adobe InDesign, Corel draw, so-think and so on
— IF I WANT TO DESIGN LOGO MYSELF, WHAT DO I CONSIDER? —
Oh yes, there are few things to consider when trying to create a logo
Using the right color combination is very essential, so that you don’t go out of the right color combination. To get that done try using this tool
- You can keep your logo simple by using word-mark logo
- When choosing color, use what goes with your content or niche
- Also use objects that represent your niche. Examples include globe represents the universe, human body could represent fitness etc.
- Use attractive and good fonts as well
- Save a copy of the un-exported logo design from your software and keep it for reference
- When exporting your image, ensure it is saved in high resolution for clarity
- Before using it for your website or blog, use the save for web option to maintain high resolution and low file size
— NOW YOU HAVE YOUR LOGO: USE IT—
- Fixed it at the header of your website or blog
- Use it across all social media platform (Facebook page, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.) to create familiarity
- Create a favicon for it, to be used in your website or blog
- It is now your brand. Use it anywhere to create an awareness because that is what you represent.
— CONCLUSION —
So we can see how important it is to own up a logo. My advice as a blogger is, try it out.
You never can tell what more you stand to gain in the future
Hope you love this post.
Please leave a comment below.